Sheltering Arms Institute (SAI)
Who We Are
Sheltering Arms Institute is a state-of-the-science, 114-bed, rehabilitation hospital that blends advanced technology, research, and evidence-based clinical care to create superior outcomes for patients.
- 212,063 total square feet,
- All private patient rooms,
- Traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex care, stroke, and general rehabilitation units,
- 9,251 sq. ft. main therapy gym and three satellite gyms,
- Research, conference, and outdoor space,
- Physician, psychology, and nursing services,
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy,
- Therapeutic recreation,
- Cutting-edge patient care technology and rehabilitation equipment,
- Chapel and dining room,
- Designated visitor areas.
Sheltering Arms Institute provides treatment for adults diagnosed with a broad range of neurological disorders including Parkinson’s disease, muscular dystrophy, stroke, traumatic brain injury, vestibular dysfunction, spinal cord injury and cerebral palsy.
Specialists from multiple disciplines including physiatrists, psychologists and physical, occupational and speech therapists will evaluate ta patient's condition with attention to strength, flexibility, muscle tone, movement patterns, balance and functional mobility. The team identifies opportunities for improvement and develop a specific treatment plan to reach the patient's goals.