Virginia Beach Senior Resource Guide
Credit: Daniel Halseth/Unsplash
Sea breezes beckon you to Virginia Beach, a great place for anyone who loves fishing, shopping, sunbathing, birdwatching or just strolling the boardwalk. As the largest city in Virginia by population, Virginia Beach has an abundance of activities and amenities for seniors — and SeniorNavigator can help you find them.
We’re a nonprofit that connects older Virginians with valuable information and resources related to affordable housing, transportation, in-home care, medical care, financial assistance and more. Here are some of the most frequently searched senior services in Virginia Beach.
Senior Housing in Virginia Beach
Senior living in Virginia Beach is slightly more affordable than elsewhere in the state. The average cost of assisted living in Virginia Beach: more than $4,600 per month, according to Genworth’s Cost of Care survey. The monthly rate for a nursing home in Virginia Beach is $7,000 and up, on average. If you’re searching for high-quality, affordable senior living options, SeniorNavigator can help.
- Senior Housing in Virginia Beach: Search 55+ communities, senior apartments, Life Plan Communities and other senior living options in Virginia Beach and South Hampton Roads.
- Assisted Living in Virginia Beach: These communities allow you to live independently while getting some help with daily activities.
- Continuing Care in Virginia Beach: Hampton Roads is home to several Life Plan Communities (also called continuing care communities) that offer a continuum of care, some with a resort-like feel.
- Memory Care in Virginia Beach: Find specialized, compassionate care for Virginia Beach residents who have Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other memory impairments.
- Nursing Homes in Virginia Beach: These facilities offer skilled nursing, rehabilitation and long-term care.
Senior Care in Virginia Beach
Whether you’re searching for services to help you live independently or care for a loved one, SeniorNavigator can help.
- Adult Daycare and Senior Day Programs in Virginia Beach: One popular option is the Forever Young Senior Centers operated by the city of Virginia Beach, which offer fun mid-day meetups and free transportation.
- In-Home Care in Virginia Beach: In the Virginia Beach area, in-home care costs around $3,900 per month, on average. This amount varies depending on the services required, from companionship to medical care.
- Caregiver Support in Virginia Beach: Support groups, classes and respite care can help caregivers recharge.
Senior Services in Virginia Beach
More older Virginians are choosing to age in place — but sometimes they need help to successfully navigate health and home maintenance challenges. SeniorNavigator connects older Virginia Beach residents with the services they need to live independently and stay healthy.
- Senior Transportation in Virginia Beach: Can’t access the bus line? I-Ride Transit is an accessible and low-cost transportation service in Virginia Beach and metro Hampton Roads.
- Home Modifications in Virginia Beach: Local companies and agencies can help with home repairs, wheelchair ramps and other updates.
- Financial Assistance for Seniors in Virginia Beach: No Virginian should struggle to pay for basic necessities. Here are some local resources that provide financial help with utilities, meals, housing, medical costs and more.
Our mission is to help seniors in Virginia Beach and throughout Virginia find the resources they need to stay healthy and live well. Visit the SeniorNavigator homepage and search for services by city/ZIP code and topic. We’re always updating our database to include comprehensive, unbiased and reliable information.
One fantastic resource for seniors in the Virginia Beach area is Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia, the Area Agency on Aging serving Hampton Roads. SSSEVA offers caregiver support, free educational and wellness classes, Medicare counseling, senior transportation and paratransit, and Meals on Wheels food delivery. Contact SSSEVA for more information.
Are you a veteran, or are you caring for a loved one who served in the military? VeteransNavigator connects Virginia’s veterans to local supports and services. Find employment programs, benefit assistance, housing for veterans and more at VeteransNavigator.org