Hampton Senior Resource Guide
Credit: Visit Hampton
From quiet Buckroe Beach to the bustling Hampton Roads Harbor, Hampton is a place for those who love the water. It’s also a great city for senior living, with affordable housing and plenty of amenities. If you’re searching for resources for seniors in Hampton, SeniorNavigator will point you in the right direction. We’re a statewide nonprofit that connects older Virginians with valuable information and supports.
Senior Housing in Hampton, VA
Searching for a great place to live? SeniorNavigator is the place to start! Our site lists all kinds of senior housing in Hampton and nearby in Hampton Roads, where senior living is pretty affordable (compared to Virginia overall). The average cost of assisted living in Hampton and the Tidewater area is more than $4,600 per month, according to Genworth’s Cost of Care survey. The monthly rate for a nursing home in Hampton is $7,000-$7,800 per month, on average.
- Senior Housing in Hampton: You’ll find many choices for 55+ independent living, including some that provide housekeeping, meals and other amenities.
- Assisted Living in Hampton: Local options range from small houses — like Bethel Helping Hands Assisted Living, which has just six residents — to large, active communities.
- Continuing Care in Hampton: Also called Life Plan Communities, they help residents secure their futures by providing increasing levels of care.
- Memory Care in Hampton: Find compassionate care that helps people with memory challenges remain healthy and independent for as long as possible.
- Nursing Homes in Hampton: Skilled nursing facilities assist their residents with rehabilitation, complex medical care and other needs.
Senior Care in Hampton, VA
SeniorNavigator lists resources that can help older Hampton residents live independent, healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Adult Daycare and Senior Day Programs in Hampton: Caregivers searching for affordable respite care should contact the Peninsula Agency on Aging, which subsidizes day services for seniors.
- In-Home Care in Hampton: In-home care, while less expensive than assisted living, can be expensive. In Hampton, it costs around $3,900 per month, on average.
- Caregiver Support in Hampton: Every caregiver needs some emotional and practical support. In Hampton, you’ll find “lunch and learn” series, respite care programs and other resources.
Senior Services in Hampton, VA
Successfully aging in place in Hampton may require fixing up your home to be safe and accessible, finding reliable transportation, and sometimes getting assistance to pay essential bills. SeniorNavigator can help you find all of the above!
- Senior Transportation in Hampton: The Peninsula Agency on Aging offers accessible transportation to help seniors get to non-emergency medical appointments, adult day care centers, and sponsored activities.
- Home Modifications in Hampton: Tidewater-area companies and agencies can help renovate your home to be safer, more efficient and wheelchair-accessible.
- Financial Assistance for Seniors in Hampton: Having a hard time balancing the costs of food, utilities, rent and prescriptions? Several local programs provide financial help to qualifying seniors.
In the SeniorNavigator database, you’ll find many more community resources for older Virginians. Visit the SeniorNavigator homepage and search for services by city/ZIP code and topic.
You can get free assistance using SeniorNavigator at any of our more than 740 Navigator Centers throughout Virginia. In Hampton, many neighborhood houses of worship and public libraries serve as Navigator Centers. Find a Navigator Center near you.
One valuable resource in the Hampton area is the Peninsula Agency on Aging (PAA). The PAA advocates for local seniors and provides services such as in-home care, wellness classes, transportation, dining centers, and Meals on Wheels food delivery. Contact the PAA for more information.
We honor the many Hampton seniors who proudly served in the U.S. military. If you’re a veteran or a military caregiver, you can find benefit assistance, housing for veterans and more at VeteransNavigator.org.