Need to find a nursing home and don't know where to start? Before you start looking for a nursing home Medicare's Nursing Home Compare can help make an informed decision!
Visit Nursing Home Compare and follow the step-by-step instructions to find nursing homes in your area. Search by nursing home name, or by city, county, state, or zip code.
Compare this information about the nursing homes you are considering:
- Five-Star Quality Ratings
- Health inspections results
- Nursing home staffing
- Quality measures
- Fire safety inspection results
Nursing Home Compare also provides additional information to help you make an informed decision:
- Paying for nursing home care - learn how nursing home care is paid for.
- Nursing home checklist - learn what to look for and what questions to ask when you visit a nursing home.
- Your rights as a nursing home resident - learn about your legal rights, like your right to privacy, respect, and other protections under the law.
- Alternatives to nursing homes - learn about programs in your community that can help you get the care you need at home or in another setting.
- List of contacts - find important contacts like the Long-Term Care Ombudsman and your State Survey Agency.