Adult Day Care Center
Adult Care Center of Northern Shenandoah Valley
Who We Are
The Adult Care Center is a Monday-Friday day care for adults unable to stay by themselves, such as a person with Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, stroke patients, and frail adults. Capacity is 35.
Our Services include:
- Individualized care plans based on medical, health and social needs
- Care for incontinent individuals
- Continuous medical monitoring and documentation by a registered nurse
- Monthly check of weight, blood pressure, pulse and respiration
- Glucose monitoring
- Supervised medication
- Socialization with staff, other participants, and volunteers
- Therapeutic walking assistance
- Structured daily activities
- Snacks and a hot lunch
- Personal assistance with daily needs
Some of the activities include group music therapy, painting, crafts, pet visits, parties, games, group discussions, bingo, spelling bees, growing flowers and plants and sensory stimulation games.
Staff consists of a full-time director, registered nurses, certified nursing assistants and a certified music therapist. All staff are trained in first aid and CPR and attend yearly training updates. Volunteers also supplement the staff. Attendant services available only at day care center.
Paratransit services available for Winchester residents only; other area residents must provide their own transportation.