This fact sheet from the American Geriatrics Society’s Health in Aging Foundation – Tips for Avoiding Caregiver Burnout - provides strategies for avoiding caregiver burnout:
- get information;
- help your loved one help himself or herself;
- ask trustworthy, family, friends and neighbors for assistance;
- take care of yourself, too;
- don’t take it personally;
- talk about it; and
- contact professionals and organizations that assist caregivers.
Also provides key resources and programs to help you find the help you need.
HealthinAging.org was created by the American Geriatrics Society's Health in Aging Foundation to provide consumers and caregivers with up-to-date information on health and aging.