On Demand Public Transportation
Who We Are
Bay Transit is a nonprofit community transit service. Bay Transit is a program of Bay Aging. Bay Transit provides transportation for people of all ages, for all reasons. Accessible and safe transportation to the local destination of a rider's choice is provided without regard for disability, age, or economic status. Bay Transit provides on-demand service and offers fixed routes in some communities.
Dispatch telephone numbers include:
- Toll-free calls 24 hours per day from all areas (877) 869-6046.
To schedule during Monday through Friday, 6:00 am - 6:00 pm dispatch hours:
- Charles City, King and Queen, King Willian and New Kent Counties call (804) 966-8743;
- Essex, Lancaster, Middlesex, Northumberland, Richmond, and Westmoreland Counties and in Colonial Beach call (804) 250-2011;
- Gloucester and Mathews Counties call (804) 693-6977.
Fare exceptions include:
- Colonial Beach is $1.00 per stop and Colonial Beach Discount Ticket Books are 10 tickets per book for $8.00;
- Dahlgren daily is $3.00 one way and Monthly Pass (both ways) are $60.00;
- Spotsylvania Mall from Colonial Beach is $4.00 one way;
- New Kent and Charles City to Williamsburg or Richmond is $3.00 one way;
- West Point Around Town is 50 cents;
- Seasonal Trolleys are 50 cents.