Ballad Health Hospice, Abingdon
Who We Are
With services based mainly in the home, hospice care lets you and your loved ones remain in familiar surroundings as you move from a treatment plan focused on curing disease to one designed to provide comfort and relief.
Hospice helps manage pain and other symptoms of an illness in its final stage, while also supporting you and your family emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
Your hospice care plan might include:
- Medical and nursing care
- Pain and symptom management, also known as palliative care
- Medication management
- Medical equipment and supply management
- Medical social work services
- Spiritual counseling, including pastoral/chaplain services and care
- Nutrition counseling
- Physical, occupational, speech and language therapy
- Grief support, including hospice bereavement groups for adolescents and adults, along with other services for loved ones, lasting up to 13 months after the death.