Low Vision Therapy
Sheltering Arms Institute (SAI)
Who We Are
Sheltering Arms Institute is a state-of-the-science, 114-bed, rehabilitation hospital that blends advanced technology, research, and evidence-based clinical care to create superior outcomes for patients.
- 212,063 total square feet,
- All private patient rooms,
- Traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex care, stroke, and general rehabilitation units,
- 9,251 sq. ft. main therapy gym and three satellite gyms,
- Research, conference, and outdoor space,
- Physician, psychology, and nursing services,
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy,
- Therapeutic recreation,
- Cutting-edge patient care technology and rehabilitation equipment,
- Chapel and dining room,
- Designated visitor areas.
At Sheltering Arms Institute, skilled clinicians and low vision specialists can offer helpful suggestions to maximize a patient's home and work environments to make the best use of the vision you have. The team works with patients to perform functional assessments and address factors such as lighting, labeling and marking, organization, and safety to create a customized plan to achieve daily living tasks.