CommonHelp is a quick and easy resource for people who live in Virginia to check the status of their benefits, report changes to their status, and find out if they may be eligible to receive the following:
- Low or no-cost health care
- Help with buying prescription drugs
- Help with paying for child care
- Home energy assistance
- Help with buying food
i.e. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)/food stamps
- Temporary cash assistance for families with minor children
i.e. Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
Through CommonHelp, new users can access an online tool to see what help or benefits they may qualify for before applying. First-time users will be required to create an account to begin using CommonHelp.
Please note individuals who receive Unemployment Insurance Benefits may not be eligible for other CommonHelp benefits.
- How to Apply for Benefits (MP4)
- How to Apply for Benefits (Spanish) (MP4)
- Using CommonHelp After Applying (MP4)
- Using CommonHelp After Applying (Spanish) (MP4)