If Alzheimer’s is in your life, help is within your reach. AFA’s National Toll-Free Helpline is open seven days a week and staffed entirely by licensed social workers specifically trained in dementia care. The Helpline is accessible by phone, web chat, and text message to assist callers with topics such as:
- Signs and symptoms of dementia-related illnesses
- What to do if you or a loved one have recently been diagnosed with a dementia-related illnesses
- How to speak with someone about memory problems
- Caring for a family member with a dementia-related illness
- Building a care team and support network
- Self-care for caregivers
- Finding local caregiving support services
- Handling behavioral changes
- Navigating communication among family members
- Brain health and wellness information
No question is too big or small.
The AFA Helpline is open from 9 am-9 pm ET, seven days a week. Connect with a licensed social worker by:
Web chat: Clicking the blue and white icon in the lower corner of the page
Text message: 646-586-5283
The web chat and text message features can serve individuals in over 90 different languages.