Being more active is a process
Thinking about weight loss is a great start in making a chance. What's one thing you would like to change to become more active?
Write it here: ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be active, be healthy
Being more active can help improve your health. Regular exercise can:
- Strengthen your heart and lower your blood pressure.
- Lower your bad cholesterol and raise your good cholesterol.
- Prevent chronic health conditions like diabetes, obesity and some cancers.
- Increase your flexibility.
- Give you more energy.
- Help you sleep better and wake up feeling more rested.
- Help you feel better about yourself and deal with stress.
º If you feel any pain, discomfort or dizziness, stop and contact your doctor.
º Make sure to wear well-fitting, comfortable shoes and clothing.
º Check with your doctor before starting any type of activity or exercise program.
º In case of a medical emergency, call 911.
⇒ Find more tips at cdc.gov/physicalactivity
Take small steps
There are many ways you can be more active. Here are just a few ideas:
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Park farther from building entrances.
- Do work around the house or yard.
- Do some stretching or sit-ups on the floor while watching TV.
- Play a sport with family or friends.
- Go dancing with a friend.
- Start with one activity one day a week.
Even if you have a disability, activities can be adjusted to meet your needs. Talk to your doctor to learn more.
What’s the best time of day for you?
You don’t have to get all of your exercise at once. Break up the time you exercise into short 15-minute sessions. Then, increase the amount of exercise you do. Work up to 30 minutes of nonstop activity per day.
Call toll free for translation or oral interpretation at no cost: Llame a la línea gratuita para servicios de traducción o interpretación sin cargo: 1-800-901-0020 (Medallion Medicaid, FAMIS); 1-855-323-4687 (CCC Plus); TTY 711.
During Medicaid Open Enrollment consider switching to the Anthem Healthkeepers Plus Plan.
- For CCC Plus Members open enrollment is 10/1/2021-12/18/2021.
- For Medicaid Expansion open enrollment is 11/1/2021-12/31/2021.
Helpful phone numbers for Anthem HealthKeepers Plus members only: Member Services or 24/7 NurseLine: Call toll free at the number on your ID card.
HealthKeepers, Inc. is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. ANTHEM is a registered trademark of Anthem Insurance Companies, Inc.