Mountain Valley Hospice & Palliative Care
Who We Are
Mountain Valley Hospice & Palliative Care offers an inpatient/outpatient Palliative Care specialty consultation service for expert management of uncontrolled symptoms in patients with life-limiting illnesses which are associated with a life expectancy of 18 months or less.
Palliative care is specialized medical care for people with serious illnesses. It is focused on providing patients with relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of a serious illness – whatever the diagnosis. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and their family.
Hospice care includes Palliative Care but, as outlined below, Palliative Care is not limited to patients with a life expectancy of 6 months or less, and can be provided along with curative treatments.
- Life expectancy of 18 months or less
- Can be provided along with curative treatment (concurrent care)
- Symptom control; quality of life
- Patient keeps primary care provider and specialists; Palliative Care specialist serves as consultant
- Regular Medicare A/B or other insurance covers Palliative Care