Community Nurse Case Management
Who We Are
Communities Nurse Case Management links the services of registered nurses with persons who have chronic illness and special needs. Through in-home visits, nurse case managers coordinate the care of these clients, promoting wellness and self-care, encouraging patients to function as independently as possible in the community. Clients with a range of illnesses or health conditions may be ideal candidates for Community Nurse Case Management.
Community Nurse Case Management is not intended to duplicate services provided by physicians, hospice, home health agencies or caregivers. Instead, services are designed to assist clients with chronic or special needs manage their health to avoid medical crises and frequent hospitalizations.
Nurse case managers may assist with:
- Goal setting to meet the client’s individual needs
- Consistent monitoring of the client’s individual needs
- Communicating health status information to the physician
- Coordinating community resources to increase independence
- Educating the client and family about early signs and symptoms of complications, medications, disease management, and wellness
Winchester Medical Center Home Health Agency, providing care as Valley Health Home Health Services