Long Term Care and Waiver Services
Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services
Who We Are
Medical Assistance Services oversees the provisions of services and programs to the elderly and individuals with disabilities. You can learn about long term care programs, PACE programs, Waiver services, Money Follows the Person, transportation services and more. Home and Community Based Waivers available to Medicaid beneficiaries include:
- Alzheimer's Assisted Living (AAL);
- Day Support for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities;
- Elderly or Disabled with Consumer Direction (CD or EDCD);
- Intellectual Disabilities Supports (ID);
- Developmental Disabilities Supports (DD);
- Technology Assisted;
- Money Follows The Person (MFP);
- Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE).
For Medicaid recipients:
- For general questions, contact the Recipient Helpline 804-786-6145;
- • For questions related to the Consumer Direction Medicaid Waiver contact 866-259-3009.