Community Outreach, Education, Behavioral Health Services
Piedmont Geriatric Hospital
Who We Are
Piedmont Geriatric Hospital (PGH) is a 135-bed geropsychiatric hospital, operated by the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS). PGH exclusively treats elderly persons (65 years and older) who are in need of inpatient treatment for behavioral health disorders.
Piedmont Geriatric Hospital offers community outreach and educational activities for those who care for older adults in various community settings. Training support and opportunities include:
- Conducting research aimed at developing better methods of care for the elderly,
- Providing resources for training those who work with the elderly in community settings,
- Designing training programs and materials that can be used in training those who care for older adults
- Conducting workshops and training activities,
- Evaluating the results of training.
Visit the website for a list of upcoming events and workshops including costs, CEU credits, date, time, and place.