Alcoholism, Education and Awareness
National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD), Inc
Who We Are
National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD) provides education, information, help and hope in the fight against the chronic, often fatal disease of alcoholism and other drug addictions. A voluntary health organization with a nationwide network of affiliates.
Materials are available for public awareness in the community. Programs are conducted with affiliates to prevent and treat alcohol and other drug-related problems. The NCADD website offers valuable information about:
- Local Resources--provides information about how to find help near you, including NCADD’s National Network of Affiliates.
- Family Education--an educational overview of the impact of alcohol and drugs on the whole family.
- Intervention--an overview of intervention including tips and guidelines.
- Mutual Aid and Support Groups--information on and links for mutual aid, also called self-help groups, that play such an important role in recovery for millions of people.
- Medication-Assisted Recovery--information about medication-assisted recovery, including NCADD’s booklet: “A Consumer’s Guide to Medication-Assisted Recovery.”
- Stories of Recovery--compelling, first-hand stories of recovery from people like you who now lead rich and fulfilling lives because of their long-term recovery.