Centra PACE, A Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly
Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital
Who We Are
Centra PACE (A Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) is a program of the Commonwealth of Virginia. PACE is a comprehensive program for adults 55 years of age and older who meet the criteria for nursing facility placement, prefer to stay at home and have an assessment indicating that living at home with the support of the PACE program is a safe alternative.
Comprehensive services are delivered by a team of professionals made up of a primary care physician, registered nurses, a masters level social worker, health aides, transportation personnel, rehabilitation therapists, dietitians and recreation/activity personnel. The team works with participants and their families to develop a tailored plan of care which is monitored closely and updated as needed.
Centra PACE provides a range of services twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, all year. Primary medical care from doctors, nurses and therapists is provided at the Centra PACE Center Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Other services include:
- Medical care and transportation to and from specialists
- Adult day care
- Hospital care (as needed and coordinated by the PACE interdisciplinary care team)
- Prescription medicines
- Vision, hearing, and dental care
- Rehabilitation and therapy services
- Durable medical equipment
- Outpatient medical services: lab work, x-rays and other tests will be scheduled for you as needed
- Mental health care
- Home care and nutritional services
- Respite services
- Support from our interdisciplinary care team
- 24-hour on-call physician services
- Personal emergency response
- Wheelchair-accessible transportation