Communicable Disease Program
Dinwiddie County Health Department
Who We Are
Dinwiddie County Health Department offers a Communicable Disease Program. This program focuses on investigation, follow-up and prevention of contagious diseases that pose a risk to the community. Services include
- Foodborne illness investigations.
- Vaccine preventable disease investigations.
- Tuberculosis screening and tuberculin skin testing.
- Tuberculosis treatment and follow-up including directly observed medication therapy in the patient's home.
- Tuberculosis contact investigations.
- Education for individuals and the community.
- Disease specific counseling.
- Community resource referrals.