Tips for the Long-Distance Caregiver provides helpful tips to keep in mind while caring for your parent from a distance and information and resources to have on hand:
- Create a Contact List
- Collect Important Information Before a Crisis
- Make Visits Productive
- Gather Information on Community Services
- Look into Public Benefits Online
- Get Help with Managing the Care
- Keep the Lines of Communication Open
- Don’t Forget Your Needs
- Access the Mail Carrier Alert Program
This article will appear in a new window as a "pop-up". If you have difficulty opening the article, you could have a pop-up blocker installed on your browser that needs to be uninstalled to view the article.
AARP was founded in 1958 and has 37 million members. It is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization for people over the age of 50. AARP is well-known for its advocacy efforts, providing its members with important information, products and services that enhance quality of life as they age. They also promote community service and keep members and the public informed on issues relating to the over 50 age group.