This AARP CareConnection blog – Help for Solo Caregivers – outlines coping strategies for solo caregivers – and even if family members are involved, typically the brunt of the care falls on one person’s shoulders. To cope with the daily challenges of solo caregiving:
- take care of your own health;
- find kindred spirits;
- stop beating yourself up;
- get organized with a daily routine;
- be a little selfish in a good way;
- carry a list and write things down; and
- let go so others can step in.