This fact sheet from the American Geriatrics Society’s Health in Aging Foundation – Tips for Avoiding Caregiver Burnout - provides strategies for avoiding caregiver burnout:
- get information;
- help your loved one help himself or herself;
- ask trustworthy, family, friends and neighbors for assistance;
- take care of yourself, too;
- don’t take it personally;
- talk about it; and
- contact professionals and organizations that assist caregivers.
Also provides key resources and programs to help you find the help you need.