Heart disease and stroke account for 1 in 3 deaths in America. Million Hearts is a national initiative by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to prevent 1 million heart attacks and strokes in the next five years. Million Hearts brings together communities, health systems, nonprofit organizations, federal agencies, and private-sector partners to fight heart disease and stroke to better align health investments on prevention of heart attacks and strokes, elevate efforts through research and technology, and empower Americans to make healthy choices.
Sign the Million Hearts Pledge and make a commitment to:
- Understand the risk Heart Attack Risk:
- Learn the state of your heart and what you can do to live a better life: My Heart age
- Get active - exercise several days a week
- Know your "ABCS" (Aspirin for people at risk, Blood pressure control, Cholesterol management & Smoking cessation)
- Stay strong with a heart-healthy diet
- Take control by following your doctor's instructions
A Million Hearts starts with you!
Get more information about steps you can take to help prevent heart attacks and strokes at millionhearts.hhs.gov .