Early detection is the key to survival with breast and cervical cancer.
Every Woman's Life (EWL) is a public health program that helps uninsured, low income women gain access to free breast and cervical cancer screening services. Screening and early detection reduces death rates, improves treatment options, and greatly increases survival. In some sites where EWL services are offered, women can also be screened for high blood pressure, cholesterol, and glucose and also learn how to become more physically active, eat healthier foods, and stop smoking.
To be eligible, you must meet ALL of the following:
- 18 to 64 years old
- Resident of Virginia
- Have no health insurance, OR cannot afford to pay your insurance deductible, OR your insurance does not cover screening exams
- Meet income requirements
What services does Every Woman's Life currently provide?
- Ages 18-39 - services provided include only tests for abnormal screening findings.
- Ages 40-64 - services provided include clinical breast exam, yearly mammogram, pap test every other year, yearly pelvic exam, and tests for abnormal findings.
For more information:
- Call Every Woman's toll free referral line at 1-866-EWL-4YOU (1-866-395-4968) to find your nearest screening location.
- Visit the Every Woman's Life website for more general information, including meeting the income requirements.